YBN SCHOLARSHIPS - SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID
Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification: (for example, on the basis of performance in10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- Qualification previous to eligibility qualification: This scholarship is applicable After Graduation Programmes, scholarship on the basis of qualification previous to eligibility qualification.
- YBN’s Entrance and Scholarship Test: YBNNEST
- Scholarship on the basis of CUET
- Work experience based scholarship for MBA
- Certain National Level Tests (like JEE (Mains), NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT, MAT etc.)
- Scholarship based on Innovation, Startup & Entrepreneurship
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards.
- Ph.D. programmes Scholarship
- For Toppers of Centre and State Boards
- Financial Aid
- Need Based
- Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependants
- For Orphan Applicants
- For Person with Certain Disability
The scholarship percentage varies programme-wise as per the following table .For each category mentioned above, 1-3 brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2, and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria which an applicant must fulfil, for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. Criteria in bracket 1 is most strict and the conditions are relaxed in subsequent brackets and the scholarship is also reduced in each next bracket. So, the students meeting the requirement of Bracket1 (top bracket) gets the highest scholarship and those in Bracket 2 or Bracket 3 gets relatively lesser scholarship.
|Brackets||Scholarship criteria (after Diploma and 10+2 programmes)||Scholarship criteria (after graduation programmes)|
|Bracket - 1||Students scoring 95% or above marks in qualifying exam||Students scoring 90% or above marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring 95% or above marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
|Bracket - 2||Students scoring between 90% to 94.9% marks in qualifying exam||Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring between 90% to 94.9% marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
|Bracket - 3||Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in qualifying exam||Students scoring between 70% to 79.9% marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
Admissions in YBN is done in different Phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission time period. The amount of Scholarship also depends on the Phase in which the candidate applies and/or takes Admission in the University. Phase 1 has started as early as January and continues till 30th April 2023. The amount of scholarship reduces with each passing subsequent phases.